Fertilife Benelux attended a great AFCOME`s event. AFCOME is an association of agricultural supply companies, cooperatives and private companies distributing fertilizers and manufacturing fertilisers by mixing in France, which is part of the European Fertiliser Blenders Association.
The conferences, organised around 3 sessions, enabled French and foreign actors to meet and exchange views on current issues such as the decarbonisation of the fertilisation sector.
Agronomy and Innovation Session
- Environmental issues of the Green Deal and food sovereignty
- Agricultural soils, sources and sinks for greenhouse gas
- Labellising of farms for a more virtuous carbon balance
- Example of a production of nitrogen fertiliser with Green Ammonia label
- Geopolitics of raw materials and agricultural productions : the challenges for Europe
- Natural gas : Structuring and perspectives for the European market
- Electricity : European market structure, actuality and developments
- Poland : Organisation of the fertiliser market and evolution of practices and consumption
- Brazil : Another agro-economic model, dependence and adaptation to the international fertiliser market
Economy and Regulatory Session
- Regulatory point
- Supply and demand trends on the international market
- Structural and conjunctural evolutions on the nitrogen, phosphorus and potash markets
We were glad to meet our partners and get acquainted with other participants of the conference, all of whom are concerned about finding effective solutions for the successful functioning of the fertiliser market in the European Union.